Mackinac Island Ferry Information
Travelling by Ferry
The Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry motto is specific and meaningful – give the best possible service with a smile, use modern equipment and employ a well-trained staff. From the early charter boat days (74 years ago) to today, Shepler’s approach to transporting people to Mackinac Island has been one of class and value. Half the fun of a Mackinac Island experience is a ride with Shepler’s. With the third generation of Sheplers at the helm, the consistent service philosophy continues to this day. First Class Service. Every Guest. Every Day.
- Just 16 minutes to the Island!
- Fast, clean, comfortable boats
- Free daily parking available
- Free secured luggage handling
- Departs Mackinaw City & St. Ignace, our single dock locations make us easy to find
- Free mainland hotel & campground shuttle service
- Have the best seats in history on one of our 3 to 5 hour Lighthouse Cruises
- Enjoy a memorable journey under the Mackinac Bridge on our Mighty Mac Departures from
- Mackinaw City or St. Ignace. Check our schedule for dates and times
If you are visiting the Island just for the day and you’re traveling through Mackinaw City, please park in our FREE day lot at 311 S. Nicolet Street across from I-75N, Exit 338 and take the tram to our dock. If you are staying overnight on the island, please proceed to our dock to unload luggage and make parking arrangements. If you are traveling through St. Ignace, all of our parking is right at the dock.
Buy Scan & Go ferry tickets at sheplersferry.com, skip the ticket office and go straight to the boarding area! (Some restrictions apply.) We look forward to seeing you on the boat!
Please call 1-800-828-6157 for more information or visit sheplersferry.com
Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry
HIGH TAIL IT to Mackinac Island on the Fast, Frequent, Fun and Friendly Hydo-Jet Ferry Service. Board the barrier free main decks of a Star Line ferry and enjoy a panoramic view of the Straits that include the Mackinac Bridge. Then sit back, relax and enjoy the areas scenic beauty from the comfort of the glass enclosed cabins or the open air observation decks. Watch our Hydro-Jets produce their 35 foot rooster tail spray.
- Free Parking and Shuttle Service is available from area hotels and campgrouds
- Save Time and Money by ordering online at MackinacFerry.com
- Free daily and overnight parking
- Departures from both mackinaw City and St. Ignace
- Only Hydro-Jet Ferry Service on the Great Lakes
- Minimum wait time & frequent departures
- Pet Friendly
- Discount Island Packages Available
- The most under the Mackinac Bridge depatures
Please call 800-638-9892 for details and reservations or visit www.mackinacferry.com