Mackinac Island Ferry Information
Travelling by Ferry
Shepler's Mackinac Island Ferry
Navigate the difference with Shepler’s. For over 65 years, the Shepler family has been providing safe and sure passage to Mackinac Island. From the moment you arrive, we take care of it all. This is a higher level of service.
Are we there yet?
Almost...It's quick and easy! Go online to purchase ferry tickets, bike passage, overnight parking and valet. Print out boarding passes from home. When you arrive at Shepler's, go past the ticket sales line and head straight to the boarding gate.
- Just 16 minutes to the Island!
- Fast, clean, comfortable boats
- Free daily and overnight parking
- Free secured luggage handling
- Departs Mackinaw City & St. Ignace
- Free mainland hotel & campground shuttle service
- Take a trip into the past on one of our 3 to 5 hour Lighthouse Cruises.
- Enjoy a memorable journey under the Mackinac Bridge on our Mighty Mac Departures from Mackinaw City or St. Ignace. Check our schedule for dates and times.
Please call 800-828-6157 for details and reservations or visit www.sheplersferry.com
Star Line Mackinac Island's Hydro-Jet Ferry
Board the barrier free main decks of a Star Line Hydro-Jet ferry and enjoy a panoramic view of the Straits that includes the Mackinac Bridge.
Then sit back, relax and enjoy the area's scenic beauty, from the comfort of our glass enclosed cabins or our open air observation decks. Watch as Star Line's Hydro-Jets produce their distinctive 35' roostertail spray.
Star Line also offers a Monday night Sunset Cruise under the Mackinac Bridge, July 11 through August 15.
Please call (800) 638-9892 for details and reservations or visit mackinacferry.com
Travelling by Boat
Marina Season: May to October (slip general)
- Services Available: VHF-FM Radio (Channels 16, 9), Transient Dockage (4 day maximum), Water, Electricity 110 V., 30amp / 220 V., 50 amp, Restrooms & Showers, Holding Tank Pump-out.
- Harbor Entrance: Latitude 45 50' 40" N / Longitude 84 36' 42" W
- Marina: Latitude 45 50' 57" N / Longitude 84 36' 53" W
Phone: (906)-847-3561 / Off season: (616)-627-9011
Harbormaster on duty: 7:30am to 10pm
For more detailed information and boat slip reservations, visit the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.